What are Nasal Test Swabs?
Perhaps the biggest immediate need in the fight against COVID-19 is simply identifying those who have been infected as early as possible. Testing kit availability has been vastly inadequate, and the medical community has been working tirelessly with the 3D printing community to find a solution to mass-producing the nasopharyngeal collection swabs to alleviate the shortage quickly.
The nasopharyngeal (NP) swabs needed to collect samples for COVID-19 testing. NP swabs are flexible sticks with a bristled end that are inserted into the nose to the back of the nasal cavity and swept around to collect material that sticks to or wicks up the bristles. The swab is then placed into a vial that contains a culture medium.
Watch New York Governor taking test on Live TV using NP swab
What makes the EnvisionTEC NP swab the most desirable swab?
• EnvisionTEC’s NP swabs have undergone IRB testing and approval, as per FDA regulations.
• The swab has the most flexibility and softness of the tip. You can bend the collection tip 180 degrees without breaking, This makes it extremely safe.
• The EnvisionTEC NP swab, on a 100 patient clinical study at HARVARD BIDMC performed better than all other 3D printed swabs in terms of the patient experience.
• The EnvisionTEC NP swab is the only swab that can be steam-sterilized at the standard 270°F temperature without degradation in mechanical properties as others do.
• With a vast network of thousands of customers eager to help, EnvisionTEC is proud to offer the capability of producing quantities of up to half a million of the swab per day.
Get the equipment to 3D print NP swabs in-house
Envision One cDLM Dental
Is one of the most advanced Dental 3D printer designed and developed by EnvisionTEC’s pioneer team of engineers. Equipped with the Continuous Direct Light Manufacturing technology (cDLM), the Envision One Dental 3D Printer is able to 3D print at unbelievable speed and accuracy.
It provides a perfect additive manufacturing solution for dental and orthodontic professionals with premium-grade results at the touch of a finger.
The PCA 2000 Parts Curing Apparatus is the ideal solution for post-curing parts that have been 3D printed using cDLM or DLP technologies. The PCA 2000 utilizes a unique system of UV LED light sources that use both 385nm to deep cure and 405nm for the perfect surface cure of each part.
With 360° irradiation and controlled heating, the PCA 2000 can optimize your productivity, offering three settings.
Whatever your demands! We have the Resources!
Chemtron has been granted approval by the Ministry of Trade and Industry (MTI) during this Circuit Breaker period to provide on-site support and process material orders for our customers and partners who are in the essential services.
We are also part of the COVID-19 Response Resource team from NAMIC to provide 3D printing resources such as face shields, nasal swabs and many more for our Nation and the countries in our region.
We remain contactable via email and +65 6273 7252. Our application specialists are on standby to schedule virtual meetings or phone calls for you.
Let work together to keep everyone safe at all times #SGUnited #onesg